When ERGObaby informed me I would be one of only 10 people to review the ERGObaby Performance before it’s official release, I was extremely honored and excited. But after I began to think about it, I wondered what they would be changing on my favorite baby/child/preschool/teen carrier? (Ok so not really a teen – but being able to carry a 40 lb. child without back strain is incredible!)
I emailed asking when the carrier would arrive and began to plan who would lend me their infant or child to test it out. Sadly, my own “baby” is now 6 years old and not so much a baby.
Yesterday when the package arrived, I lifted out the ERGObaby Performance carrier and noticed it was:
- very lightweight
- durable, quality material
- a lively spring green color
While wearing the Performance carrier, I noticed:
- the tummy/back panel of support seemed larger and more supportive than the traditional carrier support panel
- the padding on the shoulders was a lot less bulky
- the waist belt was lighter weight and reached 5″ farther than the traditional carrier. (For those of us who tend to be bigger framed, the traditional carrier could be snug.) This new belt snapped in place and adjusted to fit.